Dominus having Middle-child-syndrome?
Middle-child syndrome. We have heard of this term rather frequently but it wouldn't spark any interest unless we have more than 3 children and admit to neglecting the 2nd-born, more or less. Somehow, by some kind of wisdom, someone coined this term, middle-child syndrome to the 2nd-born when they are in an awkward position whereby they are too young to be trusted like the eldest and yet too big to be cradled as the baby. So quite naturally, the 2nd-born becomes neglected without parents consciously intending to do so.
The characteristcs of such children include trying unusually hard to get parents' attention. They act 'babyish' to win sympathy and relies heavily on parents to help them with daily chores which they are capable of completing because they enjoy the time and effort spent on them. Most middle child/children will end up not having built strong relationships with anyone and might end up not being able to forge strong and lasting relationships with people as they grow older. They also work with little motivation. They work to get by, to please whoever.
I recall the times Domi would insist I carry him and not let him down even when I need to attend to my chores. He'd insist that I put on his shoes for him, bring him to the toilet, feed him his dinner and sometimes he'll 'accuse' either his gor gor or didi that they hit him, just to watch me standing up for the 'injustice' he had suffered.
Sometimes, the tantrums can be funny or painfully frustrating. However, I constantly remind myself to be more sensitive to his needs and give him more individual time. But Im still guilty of those times when Im really tied down with tutoring Donovan or feeding Rei that I have to leave Domi to play all by himself.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Posted by DNATan on Monday, March 15, 2010
to our Old place 


Download FREE Flash Plugins for proper viewing of videos and slides on this site